Thursday 13 June 2013

And now for something inappropriate... I mean SEASONALLY INAPPROPRIATE... Golly Gee!

Although, the weather today is definitely saying "October... in hell"... and not "June in... ANYWHERE"!

Today, I would like to take a moment to talk to you about Halloween.

It is my favourite holiday - and should be yours, too.

I take Halloween very seriously and have at times ended up flailing and shouting at strangers on the street for not taking it seriously enough and for boring the pants off me. Trust.

Here are some images of Hallowe'ens past.

::Nostalgic Oscar death reel music::

2012

Gil Elvgren Pin Up Costume

Half-a$$ed Gil Elvgren girl pin-up! With skirt literally pinned up to get that Oh So OOPS look!

Not my car.



The Original!

Gil Elvgren Pin Up Costume

Woops - still not my car.



2011

Frida Kahlo Costume

Pretty much the greatest thing I have ever done. This picture does not even come close to capturing the full frontal severity of this look. Everything was rainbow. Frida Kahlo.


2010

Karl Lagerfeld Costume


I'm thinking the costume brief was "Sexy [Noun]"... I'm really surprised no one else came as Sexy Karl Lagerfeld.

Karl Lagerfeld Costume

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!! booze.



Too Many Moons Ago

Betty Boop Costume

Betty Boop! Get it! My momz made / altered the dress from a Betsy Johnson I scored at the Goodwill for like a dollah. Ubiquitous Red Cup! Cropped to protect the innocents.


Credits: Grease Monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment