Thursday 14 November 2013

WAZZAT! Sewing Misadventures!

So I have been pretty quiet around these parts... Don't worry - I am still lurking on other people's blogs... just not pooblishing any of me own. "Why?" said nobody. Because... I have been trying to learn to sew!!!

Here is one of the first "pieces" I created - and actually wore out in public! A green gingham peasant top!

Pardon the less than exciting photo - Picasa changed its online editing - boo! and I am too lazy to sort out another option.... advice?? And as far as the weird angle goes... we owe that to the creative genius that is my Mr. Bear.

I am not even going to mention which tutorials I followed or anything because it is such a sh*tshow... This is like the 4th one I made. I just could not do it... could not get sizing right. Even stuck on a sports bra under this one just to make it wearable as we were headed out the door... and guess who got massif armpit chafing?? ME!... wa-hey! But I think I looked cute - wahoo!

Handmade peasant top paired with Vivien of Holloway jeans - which have become my new favourites even though the Bernie's are more comfy I recently saw some pics of me in them... and.... anyways.... Belt from Target, espadrilles from god knows where and sunnies from San Sebastian tourist trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment